Saturday, February 06, 2010

Diapers - a guest post!

Hi, it's me, Harris! Mama asked me to write something on the blog like Connor used to do all the time. Well, I'm going to write about something very close to me - my diapers! I am very picky about what I use and why shouldn't I be! That's my skin down there!

Before I was born Mama & Daddy bought a fancy new washer that has a setting for cloth diapers so they decided to do a little research on these fancy diapers. They learned that they would save money in the long run by washing and reusing instead of buying and disposing. Plus, the manufactoring & shipping of a cloth diaper ONCE is much better for the Earth than the manufactoring & shipping of disposable (we call them sposies) after sposie for 3 years. Even the water used to wash my diaps is nothing compared to the pollution and energy use in making sposie after sposie. Also, once I become a big brother, my little sibs can use my diaps saving even more money and energy!
Besides, isn't this so much cuter than something that will just be thrown away!

Here is my original diaper stash. I have since gotten some new ones plus outgrown my first pre-folds. Plus, Mama got a fancy new wet bag for going to playdates. Oh, and Mama & Daddy use cloth wipes on me, too. I guess I'm a little spoiled on the pampering...he he!

And, because we are cute and best buddies, here is a picture of Connor and me snuggle-bugging. Connor only used disposable diapers. I don't know how he did it! I am very uncomfortable in a sposie and wake up a lot more at night when I have one on. I guess Connor's bottom is a little tougher than mine!

(Note from my Mama: Here is a good calculator to determine if you will save money by using cloth. And a spreadsheet to determine how much diapering will cost you over 3 years. Keep in mind that the cost varies depending on many factors including types of both cloth and sposies used.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: